Campus02IT04b

Thursday, December 14, 2006

No smoke signals in bars anymore?

Well, what should I say? - It's thursday evening and I have to agonise over such a serious topic like bans on smoking in restaurants and bars. Well to get serious, if I am honest, I have no clear point of view referring to this theme.
First of all, yes Birigt - I am still a smoker, although I smoke meanwhile very rarely. So, I usually smoke not at all during the week. Also at home I never get the necessity to smoke. From the side of my physical or psychic desire for smoking a cigarette a ban on smoking in restaurants or bars should not be a problem for me. Furthermore I am not sure if it is good to ban smoking in such localities or not. It even seems to me that more smokers are for the prohibition of smoking in public buildings than non-smokers. Concerning this matter I often hear the statement of avowed non-smokers, that adults should not be placed under disability.
As far as I know this bans should guard non-smokers. Well, it is certainly correct, that it is very unhealthy if you have to smoke passive in pubs or bars - also for me as a smoker it is in some localities very displeasing, if my eyes start to burn, because of the incredible amount of smoke in the air.
Nevertheless it is not easy for me to imagine a future with bars, restaurants, discos and so on, without any smoke and without the possibility to smoke. Maybe there will start a new trend - many glasses with anti smoking chewing gum will be presented on the tables and boards and you will see a lot of people champing this chewing gums. Maybe lollipops are a better alternative for cigarettes? - Well it would look a bit weird if old fat harley bikers will sit in a bar with their beer and a strawberry lollipop... (sorry for my last thoughts - it is getting late ;-) )
Finally I have to say it is not very easy for me to position either for or against the bans on smoking. Referring to our health it would make sense, if such bans on smoking will get active. However any adult should decide for themselve if you want to smoke or not.
In this spirit - good night and good luck!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:05:00 pm, Blogger Nadin-Campus02 said...

It's Thursday ...
... refering to this topic.
... although I smoke only very rarely by now.
... I never feel the need to smoke.

... have to smoke passively ...

... these chewing gums.

a better alternative to cigarettes?

old Harley bikers would sit

should decide themselves if they want ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home