Campus02IT04b

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hibernation for cars with diesel engine

It might be hard to believe - at least it is astonishing - but it’s true: I really share Bernhard’s opinions in all aspects.
I read that even the public transport companies do not know how to deal with the great increase of passengers from one day to another. May this is solved as well as the problem with the short-term parking zone. I’m really interested in that solution as I often use such zones during the night hours and it would be hard for me to go back to my car every 3 hours to buy another ticket in case that I’m not allowed to move it.
Another problem I see is, to inform the people when they are not allowed to drive. How will this work? I normally don’t read newspaper in the morning and I doubt that this would be already announced there. Also I hardly hear radio, only in my car but I’m normally driving around when I’m in there.
Nevertheless I tried to inform my self how much it would be to attach a particulate filter to my car, but I only found filters for the later versions of my car. The mail to the service centre is also not answered till now. So I played around with the idea to buy a new car powered by a petrol engine but there are some delivery problems with the car I want (the Audi R8 is available at autumn of next year earliest) and as it is not sure if those cars are allowed to drive next winter, I decided to stay with my old one…
No, seriously its not that I don’t care about the environment, but sometimes I feel already a little be tricked as a car owner. I work over 3 months a year just for my car – the original price of the car not included - just to keep it. Insurances, diesel, services and so on. The currently discussed fee for using the highway – only 5 cents per kilometre - would cost me another 780€ a year.
For me it was always kind of fun to drive around. Especially in the night, listening to some good music was relaxing. Somehow this changes now. Maybe I’ll take a day at a spa to relax in future as it might be cheaper.
I hope everybody can understand why I don’t like the idea of spending so much money for being not allowed to use my car especially as the benefit for the environment is rather questionable.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:33:00 pm, Blogger Nadin-Campus02 said...

"May this is solved as well" ???
Maybe this will be solved ... OR
May this be solved ...

... ticket in case _ I'm not allowed ...

... don't read the/a newspaper

hardly ever listen to the radio

inform myself

The email to ... has also not been answered so far.

The Audi R8 is available as of autumn next year at the earliest.

No, seriously, it's not ...

a day at a spa in the future to relax

 

Post a Comment

<< Home